Don’t be scared they are important. Safety is the key to success.
Lets focus on the full body. That’s what makes these lifts so perfect. More muscle groups used more calorie burned if that is you goal. However there are huge advantages to general Core Stability and strength. Core Stability.
Wether you are an athlete or just working hard to build your fitness these three lifts are recommended To build power, strength and stability.
Clean and Jerk, Snatch, Clean and Press Here are a few tips to get you started.
1. Begin with light weight you have nothing to prove.
2. When you approach the bar before you lift up be sure you can see your toes pointing out on the opposite side of the bar. This puts your center of gravity in the proper place.
3. Be sure your hands are placed slightly wider then your shoulders.
4. Before you remove the bar elevate the chin so that it is parallel with the ground. This is an important trick to keeping your back safe.
5. Always keep a neutral spine. (keep the back straight)
Look for my next discussion on Olympic lifts for more tips.