Well for those of us who have reached it, it can be a scary feeling. As youth fades you need to stay focused on who you want to be in the second phase of your life. Here are 5 ways to keep yourself feeling good and staying young.
1. Walking is a great way to aid in cardio fitness. The American Heart Association recommends 10,000 steps per day is the benchmark for fitness. Visit them at http://www.thewalkingsite.com/ for there guide to a health heart after 40.
2. Don’t be afraid of weights. They are here to help you… Here are some helpful hints http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/over40_beginner_training_tips.htm to remember as you begin a lifting regiment.
3. Stay flexible. Increased range of motion is a great thing. With it comes a larger variety of activities you can do to stay active and content from Tennis or Golf to Running or even Ice Hockey. Life doesn’t end when middle age hits.
4. Set goals for your fitness. This is a huge part of staying active as you age. Simple goal that can be met quickly will help keep you motivated and striving to improve.
5. Make fitness fun. Try to find a friend or your significant other to to get fit with. If its not fun it won’t work.