Believe me I know how it is. I am still feeling the affects of a sever back trauma from 10 years ago. But have no fear, you can bounce back. Here are a few helpful hints that will help you get there.
1. Stay active: Once you are released by your doctor you need to get moving. If you don’t use it you will loose it. Start with walking, it can be at any pace and any time frame or distance. Just keep doing it. Try to keep good posger as you walk and maintain a full stride as you walk.
2. Stay as Flexible as you can: This is crucial to making you pain free.
3. Find alternative treatments for pain and discomfort: Such as Acupuncture, Acupressure or Massage. Also wet heat such as hot tubs can be a god send for you.
4. Get good shoes: I recommend New balance because of there stability.
5. Keep a positive outlook: You can do it.